Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Aunt Mary turns 100!

Just returned from South Dakota to celebrate Great Aunt Marys 100th Birthday. As soon as I can get Lisa to download pictures I will add them. She is in great shape physically and mentally. She was a school teacher and started teaching at the Cates school which was on my Great Grandparents (James and Leah Cates) farm that was on the Missouri River south of Jefferson. This one room school house was also the school that my Grandpa Lilly taught and eventually met my Grandma Lilly (Thressa) Marys sister. The rest is history as they say. The weather was not great, but the good Lord brought us home.


Recently went to the Woodhouse Spa in Fort Wayne with Mody. Loved it! We had a great time being pampered, relaxing, laughing and reminiscing. I love the pictures!
Once again the Janes family is getting ready for 4H. Chris has the master plan in place for the pig pens this year and we will also be adding Gavin Mengs pigs to our herd. Everyone is excited and can't wait for the pigs to arrive. Tressa is also starting soccer this week which she loves! The weather is very cold so we hope it improves over the next few days or I will be watching from the car. Kennedy is enjoying school and is averaging 21 books per month that she has passed. We have seen great improvement over the year.
Pam and Andon have become homeowners just 20 minutes from our house. Beautiful home with acreage for the cows. It is nice having both boys the same distance away. Andon and Pam are preparing for the wedding on June 13th and then we get ready for Wes and Shannons wedding on July 4th! Oh, forgot to mention that Chris and I won the biggest loser contest! It was a great start for us and we home to maintain the weight loss.

No comments: